ARTICLE VIII-A: EVALUATION OF UNIT MEMBERS AT THE MASSACHUSETTS MARITIME ACADEMY
A. FACULTY MEMBERS
All faculty members at the Massachusetts Maritime Academy, including all Professional Maritime Faculty, shall be evaluated on the basis of the criteria prescribed at Section A (1) of Article VIII of this Agreement and on the basis of the following supplementary criterion:
Effectiveness in correcting or disciplining cadets when necessary.
B. PROFESSIONAL MARITIME FACULTY
In addition to the criteria made of application by the preceding Section A, all Professional Maritime Faculty shall be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
1. Achievements in the individualís specialized field;
2. Maintenance of a proper uniform; and
3. Contributions to maritime training and shipboard operations.
C. ADJUNCT INSTRUCTORS
All persons employed as adjunct instructors at the Massachusetts Maritime Academy shall be evaluated pursuant to Article VIII of the Agreement, but such evaluation shall be conducted solely on the basis of the following criteria:
1. Teaching/training effectiveness;
2. Assistance to students;
3. Maintenance of a proper uniform;
4. Effectiveness in correcting or disciplining cadets when necessary; and
5. Other professional activities, including achievements in the individualís specialized field and participation in and contribution to the improvement and development of maritime training and academic and College affairs at the Academy.
A record of each evaluation conducted pursuant to this Section C shall be made on the form that is attached hereto as Appendix E-2.
D. APPLICATION OF ARTICLE VIII
In all other respects the provisions of Article VIII of the Agreement shall be of full application to all members of the bargaining unit employed at the Academy.