This year’s NEA Representative Assembly will be held June 30 through July 5 in Minneapolis Minnesota. NEA has informed the MSCA that we have 19 seats this year (see notice below).
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
January 31, 2018
TO: CHRISTOPHER J O’DONNELL
Delegates Allowed: 19
Total NEA Active (incl. Active Life) Members: 2817
Received at NEA by January 15, 2018
FROM: Douglas Snow, NEA Financial & Membership Services
Chaka Donaldson, NEA Staff Liaison, Credentials Committee
RE: 2018 Representative Assembly – Minneapolis, MN
Delegate Allocation, Election Requirements and
Reporting Delegates to the NEA RA
This year, NEA’s Annual Meeting is in Minneapolis, MN, June 30, 2018 through July 5, 2018. The Representative Assembly (RA) meets July 2, 2018 through July 5, 2018. This condensed memorandum along with the booklet Requirements for the Allocation and Election of Delegates to the NEA Representative Assembly, previously sent to you, provides information for assuring that delegates are properly elected and reported. The entire Association President memo and the booklet is also located at NEA.org or http://www.nea.org/delegaterequirements
Official Delegate/Successor Election Report Form Instructions
This email provides the number of delegates your association is entitled based on the number of NEA Active members recorded at the NEA as of January 15, 2018. Follow the steps below to record and submit the election results for your local.
- Download the delegate election report forms using this site. http://www.nea.org/delegaterequirements
- Enter your affiliate name and unit id along with the Total NEA Active Members and the Delegates Allowed for your local in the fields provided on the delegate election report form. This information is found in the top portion of this email.
- Using your local election results starting with the individual with the most votes, begin entering each delegate followed by the successor delegates on the form(s). More than one form may be needed to include all the names on the ballot. Be sure to enter any write-ins. There is no limit on the number of successors who can be elected and reported. Be sure to fill in all the information for each individual.
- A non-work email address is required for all delegates/successors to the RA.
- Password protect all files which are emailed to your state affiliate contact.
- Email the completed delegate election report form(s) to your state’s RA contact by April 10, 2018. A complete list of state RA contacts is found at this link “State Affiliate RA Contact Information”. Do not send the forms to NEA!
- In late May, delegates will receive an online registration email with a link to register for the NEA RA. Guests may be registered at the same time.
- Once the online registration is complete, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address used to register. Delegate should bring this email, on their smart device or in paper form, to check-in at the RA starting June, 30 2018.
Contact information for the state and where to submit the election report(s) is available via the link above. It is preferred that you not print the forms, instead, password protect the file and forward it via email to your state association RA contact. Documentation on how to encrypt or password protect a Word document is also found on our NEA.org site.
Registration of Delegates
NEA emails Registration information with a link to each certified delegate in late-May to register ONLINE for the NEA RA. Using the link within this email, the delegates will register for the NEA RA along with their guest attending the RA. In Minneapolis, MN, each delegate will provide confirmation of the online registration at the Delegate Check-In kiosk in the Registration Area located in the Minneapolis Convention Center, on Saturday and Sunday, June 30 – July 1, 2018. The delegate and guest badges are printed at check-in. A delegate badge in the official NEA RA badge holder is required for admittance to the Representative Assembly, which begins Monday morning, July 2, 2018.
NEA Board of Directors
NEA Executive Committee
NEA Regional Directors
NEA Credentials Committee
State Association President
State Association Executive Directors
State Annual Meeting Coordinators